Many of these books I purchased with the intention of playing, but some were purely for the curiosity of seeing how the game worked. Naturally this got me thinking about all the games I'd love to play if I had the time.
I decided the only way to find the time was to make the time. Daniel Perez's words about copping out on my New Year's resolutions are still ringing in my ears. First I'll list what I'm currently playing and then the games I'd like to play this year followed by my all-time wish list.
- D&D Essentials (GM) - This is the campaign that began as Back To D&D Basics using the classic Rules Cyclopedia. New rules, new characters (semi regular, weekly).
- Dresden Files RPG (GM) - This is a private game with me and my boys set in our hometown (irregular monthly).
- The Shadow of Yesterday (Player) - A game played over Skype, GMed by Rich Rogers of Cannon Puncture fame (weekly).
Want to play this year:
- Dragon Age RPG (Player/GM) - I've been bitten by the Dragon Age bug and am itching to try this one. I will get a chance to play with Daniel in a play-by-post game, but I'd love to play/GM this at the table.
- ICONS (GM) - I'm a fan of superhero RPGs. This one was recommended by Daniel and seems like it would be a good fit for what I like out of a game.
- Polaris - I've been wanting to play this game for at least two years now, so this is my year to make it happen.
- Kingdom of Nothing (GM) - I've committed to running this game at conventions this year and very excited about it.
- Mortal Coil (GM) - I love the system but have never seen it in action in a long running time frame. I'd love to see this happen this year.
- Burning Wheel (Player) - I've played Mouse Guard and that makes me want to explore the original.
- Mythender (Player) - I've been reading about Ryan's game for a while now, I'd love to give it a spin. Who knows, GenCon?
- A Penny For My Thoughts - I played an early play-test version, but have not played the final release. I think this would be a good game for my wife and I to play with another couple.
- Breaking the Ice - I've been wanting to play this game with my wife, so I will push to do it this year.
Dream List of games to play:
- AD&D T1-4, A1-4, GDQ (GM) - I have always wanted to run this classic series of modules using the Advanced Dungeon & Dragon 1st edition rules. Their called classics for a reason.
- AD&D DL1-12 (GM) - For similar reasons I have always wanted to run the original Dragonlance modules. I'd be tempted to run them using the 3.5 edition rules, but this is my Dream List of games to play so AD&D 1e it is.
- Thieves World, Lankhmar, Wild Cards (Player/GM) - These classic settings have been realized in various rule-sets. I'd love to have the time to explore them.
- Mage: The Ascension (GM/Player) - I've talked about why I love this game, I'd love to get back to it some day.
- Amber Diceless (Player) - I'm fascinated with the system, but have never read the original novels. I'd like to explore them someday.
- Call of Cthullu (Player/GM) - Do I need a reason?
- Mutant City Blues/Trail of Cthullu (Player/GM) - I've read, but never played, the games of the GUMSHOE system. I've love to explore them.
That should do it for now. Now I have a list to work off of when someone says, what do you want to play.
Follow Your Bliss,