Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

GenCon 2011: Day 1 - Arrival

GenCon Indy: The Best Four Days of Gaming
It's been awhile. Since I've written here, that is. GenCon gives me another opportunity to get back to writing. Today my sons and I traveled from our comfortable home to the beautiful city of Indianapolis for GenCon 2011. The ride was an uneventful 4 hours. Checking in, we head to get in line to pick up our badges. After a long game of follow-the-leader we get our badges, generic tickets and swag. Now it was time to get dinner.

This is where things really took off. Connecting with Daniel Perez, the boys and I head to Scotty's Brewhouse. Dinner was yummy and the beer was delicious, but the real high point was sitting down to a meal with Daniel. It was a great meal and wonderful company. This was why I wanted to come to Indy: to see the friends that I Tweet and email and Facebook with all year. Even though I didn't get any gaming done today, it was a win.
--

Follow Your Bliss,
JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment